I had a chance to chat with Aaron Fifield on the “Chat with Traders” podcast. It’s a wide ranging interview that covers:
- How I went from professional golfer to mental game poker coach, who helped my first client squash anger issues and make $600,000 in the space of four months.
- The benefits of removing negative and excessive emotion from decision making, and the various exercises Jared uses with his clients to balance emotions.
- Tips for how to; study your own emotional reactions, recognize flawed patterns which can be corrected, and separate tactical errors from mental game errors.
- Jared fleshes out the seven types of “tilt” poker players and traders can experience, and when (in your career) you should begin working on psychology improvements.
- Pointers for how to maintain concentration, focus, and high levels of alertness throughout the trading day—especially important for short-term day traders.